- Four bunkrooms (sleeps nine)
- Room 1: 2 XL twin beds
- Room 2: 2 XL twin beds
- Room 3: 2 XL twin beds
- Room 4: 1 Twin Bunkbed, 1 XL Twin Bed
- Solar-powered box refrigerator
- Propane oven and stove top
- Dish basin
- Dining area
- Propane heating stove (in kitchen/dining area only)
- Solar-powered outlet for charging small electronics (outlet will NOT charge anything larger than a cell phone)
- Composting Toilet
$173 per night for the entire hut.
Rates do not include lodging tax and nonrefundable processing fees. Maximum stay is 7 days.
Donor Rate: Current American Prairie donors receive a 20% discount code on donation receipts. Apply the supporter code when entering your dates in the booking portal. Please note that we cannot refund the 20% after a reservation has been made.
Cancellation Policy: Canceled reservations are refundable 14 or more days prior to start date. Reservations that are canceled due to weather and/or road conditions are refundable up to the start date. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel and request a refund. Refunds are processed within 30 days.
Hunting: Hut reservations do NOT include hunting reservations. Refer to hunting guidelines for information on hunting dates.
The Founders Hut is located on the PN property near the Judith Landing campground– approximately 25 miles north of Winifred and 40 miles south of Big Sandy.
To get to the Founders Hut, navigate to the vicinity of Judith Landing and then follow the marked route.
More details will be provided in your reservation confirmation email. Visit the maps page for more resources and familiarize yourself with the safety considerations prior to your trip.
Check-in is 4 p.m. and check-out is 10 a.m.
Door code will be sent via email. Guests are responsible for cleaning up after themselves. A cleaning checklist will be provided. Huts are not cleaned between stays.
- Cleaning supplies. For example, sponge/paper towels/soap
- Trash bags
- Bedding and/or sleeping bags
- Bear spray
- Backup battery supply (The solar powered outlet will not support electronics bigger than a cell phone)
- Firewood (Obey posted fire restrictions)
- NOTE: The kitchen is NOT fully equipped and guests should bring items specific to their cooking needs. For example, a kettle and supplies to make coffee or tea.
- No generator use permitted.
- No shooting within ¼ mile of the huts.
- Leave the hut clean for the next users.
- Do not hang or clean game from hut infrastructure.
- No fireworks.
- Obey posted fire restrictions.
- No pets on furniture.
The Myers Family Huts – comprised of the Founders Hut, John and Margaret Craighead Hut, and Lewis and Clark Hut – are located on the historic PN property. The Myers Family Huts were established with an inaugural gift from Gib and Susan Myers in 2016. Gib and Susan have served as Board Directors for American Prairie since our founding, with Gib serving as Board Chair for the first decade. Together, Gib and Susan have made significant contributions that inspire others to fall in love with the prairie, including their leadership gift to establish American Prairie’s network of visitor huts. To recognize Gib and Susan’s investment and commitment, we are thrilled to name the hut system in their honor.